- Coats All Purpose Zippers, 7”, 14 zippers in a variety of colors
- Coats All Purpose Zippers, 22” 7 zippers for horizontal strips and handles
- Hot glue
- Straight pins
4. Once the bottom is woven and glued in place remove the pins from the side seam and starting from the bottom trim the end of each of the zippers as needed and weave in the ends and glue in place with the zipper pull end on the top and the raw edges under a vertical zipper.
5. Wrap the top ends of the raw edges of the vertical zipper over the top horizontal zipper and glue to the inside.
6. Glue the ends of the vertical zippers that are on the inside to the top horizontal zipper.
7. Cut two zippers to approximately 10″ and glue to the underside top edge of the tote.
8. Using the remaining scraps of zippers glue the zippers around the inside parameter of the tote to cover all the raw ends.
For printable instructions, click here: Woven Zipper Purse
About the Author
Lynn is Director of Consumer Services with Coats & Clark.