Zipper Cuffs are quick and easy to create. If you have a 7″ zipper, cute button and a needle and thread– you have everything you need to make this stylish zipper cuff that is fun to wear or give to a friend.
Coats Fashion zippers give you many options to choose from when making zipper cuffs. There are chevron and tile prints. Animal prints include zebra, giraffe, neon pink and neon green leopard and sophisticated snow leopard. For a lacy feminine look, create a zipper cuff with Coats Cutwork Zipper.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Coats Fashion Zipper, 7″
- Colored or Jeweled Buttons, at least one
- Dual Duty XP (TM) all-purpose thread
- Hand sewing needle
- Using all-purpose thread, tack by taking a few hand stitches in place, the open ends together, 1/2″ below the bottom stop.
- Thread the hand sewing needle and knot the end of the thread. Sew a large decorative button to the bottom end of the zipper.
- On the end of the zipper with the zipper pull, bar tack the ends of the tape together as in step 1.
- Add buttons to cuff as desired.
- To wear the cuff, unzip 2”, wrap around wrist and slip over button. Zip to secure.
About the Author
Lynn is Director of Consumer Services with Coats & Clark.