Let budding artists help decorate the table. Store bought vinyl placemats make a perfect backdrop for chalkboard placemats.
Phoomph, Soft, 2 sheets per placemat
Vinyl Placemats, rectangle or oval
Chalkboard fabric, ½ yard
Craft Foam Sheets, 4
1. Peel off paper backing from one piece of Phoomph, Soft. Attach to the back of chalkboard fabric. Trim.
2. Remove remaining paper backing from Phoomph. Center over vinyl placemat. Press in place.
3. Cover one side of craft foam with Phoomph. Trace designs on paper backing. Cut shapes.
4. Peel backing. Position craft foam pieces on placemat as desired.
5. To clean placemats use a damp dishcloth or sponge. Do not launder or submerge placemats in water. Note: Cookie cutters or stencils make good patterns.
About the Author
Eizabeth Hill is a retired county extension agent who has taught countless 4-H’ers to sew. Elizabeth designs projects for Coats and Clark and she continues to share her love of sewing with youth in her church & community.