For hours of creative fun, make paper dolls using Phoomph! Create your own patterns or usethe patterns provided. Dolls can be personalized by cutting the child’s face out of a picutres and gluing it in place on the doll’s head.
Phoomph, Stiff, 1 sheet
Phoomph, Soft, 1 sheet
Flesh tone Scrapbook paper 12” x 12”
Colored pencils and fine-tip markers
1. Copy doll and clothes patterns to card stock paper. Cut.
2. Cut 2 pieces of flesh tone scrapbook paper 5” x 10”. Trace doll pattern on to scrapbook paper. Add doll features and hair color as desired. Color doll swimsuit.
3. Peel paper backing from Phoomph, Stiff. Attach Phoomph to the wrong side of doll pattern piece.
4. Peel paper backing from other side of Phoomph. Place remaining piece of scrapbook paper to this side.
5. Cut out doll. Cut 2 slits in base along lines close to stand edges.
6. Cut stand from paper covered Phoomph 5/8” x 6”. Cut 2 slits from the top down in the stand ½” deep and ½” from each end of strip. Match slits bending strip to fit the doll base.
7. Trace clothes patterns on paper backing of Phoomph, Soft. Remove paper backing. Attach fabric scraps to adhesive. Trim excess fabric close to Phoomph edge.
8. Repeat on the back side with different fabrics for reversible outfits.
9. Decorate with assorted trims as desired.
About the Author
Eizabeth Hill is a retired county extension agent who has taught countless 4-H’ers to sew. Elizabeth designs projects for Coats and Clark and she continues to share her love of sewing with youth in her church & community.